- A non-returnable deposit of 30% of the rental price is required on receipt of these terms and conditions. If a cancellation is made eight weeks prior to the holiday, the full amount is due. We would advise clients to take full travel, cancellation and personal insurance.
- Please note that bookings will be released if the full balance is not received on the due date as indicated in the covering letter received with these terms and conditions. No final reminder will be sent.
- We would ask that the property be treated with care and respect. Tenants are fully responsible for any damage and/or losses to property and belongings and must undertake to inform the owners of any damage to accommodation or its contents during their occupation and to pay for any damages or missing items. Tenants are required to leave the house as they found it on arrival (ie FULLY CLEANED). Failure to do so means that we reserve the right to deduct a cleaning charge based on an hourly rate of £8 per hour from the security deposit. Clients are fully responsible for the disposal of rubbish, including bottles, and any sacks left for disposal by the caretaker will incur a charge of £5 per sack. Details of rubbish and bottle disposal sites will be supplied.
- A security deposit of £50 is required and will be refunded in full or part on your return home. This may be delayed if deductions have to be made from it.
- The property does not have a telephone. It is strongly recommended that a phone card is purchased for use in public boxes, or that a mobile phone is taken.
- The rental price includes gas, electricity and water. If a gas bottle refill is required, the purchase price will be refunded. Details regarding gas and other services will be covered in a general information pack.
- Duvets, pillows, bed linen, towels, tea towels and bath mats are not supplied. However, all cleaning materials are. If, for any reason, extra cleaning materials have to be purchased, the cost will be refunded on production of a receipt.
- The accommodation, services and facilities of the property are solely for the use of those named in the covering letter. No sub-letting or assignment arrangements are permitted. The maximum sleeping capacity is for six persons, including infants and must not be exceeded under any circumstances. Pitching of tens and parking of caravans is not allowed.
- No responsibility can be taken by the owners for anyone injured in or around the property or playing in or near lakes, rivers, woods or fields.
- Any complaints, either on arrival or after occupation has commenced, should be brought to the attention of the owners (Kath and Nigel Law) or, in the first instance, Monsieur Labadie (contact number to be supplied) IMMEDIATELY so that remedial action, where necessary, can be taken without delay. Failure to make contact and allow adequate time for remedial action could reduce or remove your rights to compensation. For our part, we will do everything possible to deal with any difficulties both quickly and effectively so as to minimise any adverse effect on your holiday.
- The owners, or their representatives, retain the right to enter the property at any reasonable time to deal with any complaints and to carry out any repairs deemed to be necessary to the property or equipment. Under no circumstances must tenants touch, interfere with, or attempt to repair equipment or materials that require professional attention.
- The property is a country property and tenants should be aware of local flora and fauna. In rural France the presence of animals, birds and insects in surrounding countryside and, on occasions, living in inaccessible places such as eaves and attics, is inevitable. Visitors are warned that to some extent this is normal and we cannot take action to eradicate such pests unless it is deemed to be a serious nuisance.
- All travel arrangements to and from the cottage are the responsibility of the tenants, and although every assistance will be given in advising of best routes to the property, no responsibility can be taken for any difficulties which may arise due to industrial action, cancellations, breakdowns, etc.
- The property will be available for occupation after 3pm on the first Saturday of your holiday, and must be vacated by 10am on the final Saturday.